PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies seized 51 pounds of methamphetamines worth about $1 million Tuesday, becoming one of the largest meth seizures in MCSO history.
Eighteen bundles of the drug were on display at the Sheriff’s Training Center in south Phoenix, where Sheriff Joe Arpaio said investigators tracked down the drug to a Phoenix home.
Armando Chairez, a 26-year-old U.S. citizen who allegedly has ties with Mexican drug cartels was arrested and is now behind bars. Aside from the drugs, Chairez was also in possession of a gun and several thousand dollars.
The sheriff also discussed the changes his detectives are seeing in methamphetamine production and how labs are now almost exclusively in the domain of Mexican drug cartels.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick