PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies seized 51 pounds of methamphetamines worth about $1 million Tuesday, becoming one of the largest meth seizures in MCSO history.
Eighteen bundles of the drug were on display at the Sheriff’s Training Center in south Phoenix, where Sheriff Joe Arpaio said investigators tracked down the drug to a Phoenix home.
Armando Chairez, a 26-year-old U.S. citizen who allegedly has ties with Mexican drug cartels was arrested and is now behind bars. Aside from the drugs, Chairez was also in possession of a gun and several thousand dollars.
The sheriff also discussed the changes his detectives are seeing in methamphetamine production and how labs are now almost exclusively in the domain of Mexican drug cartels.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development