A Peoria, Ariz., mom is asking for online donations after her daughter broke both of her feet while trying to jump into a pool from a roof.
On a gofundme.com page, Carrie Yunker said that her daughter, identified as Nicole, shouldn’t have to risk losing her house with her roommates because of the injury.
Nicole is expected to be disabled for at least 6 months to a year. She’s in a wheel chair. Not taking it very well I might add. The issue is that Nicole had just moved into her first house with the best roommates. Nicole not being able to work can’t pay her share of the bills. This threatens not only her losing her place to live, but her roommate’s as well. Their credit too. They have signed a years lease.
Yunker said she paid her daughter’s rent but wants the Internet to help Nicole make it through the next six months. According to the page, she is trying to raise $4,200 to cover Nicole’s living expenses until she can return to work.
In an interview, Nicole said she doesn’t expect to get any donations.
As of Tuesday afternoon, only $60 had been raised.
Watch a video of Nicole’s injury below.
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon