A Peoria, Ariz., mom is asking for online donations after her daughter broke both of her feet while trying to jump into a pool from a roof.
On a gofundme.com page, Carrie Yunker said that her daughter, identified as Nicole, shouldn’t have to risk losing her house with her roommates because of the injury.
Nicole is expected to be disabled for at least 6 months to a year. She’s in a wheel chair. Not taking it very well I might add. The issue is that Nicole had just moved into her first house with the best roommates. Nicole not being able to work can’t pay her share of the bills. This threatens not only her losing her place to live, but her roommate’s as well. Their credit too. They have signed a years lease.
Yunker said she paid her daughter’s rent but wants the Internet to help Nicole make it through the next six months. According to the page, she is trying to raise $4,200 to cover Nicole’s living expenses until she can return to work.
In an interview, Nicole said she doesn’t expect to get any donations.
As of Tuesday afternoon, only $60 had been raised.
Watch a video of Nicole’s injury below.
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night