A Peoria, Ariz., mom is asking for online donations after her daughter broke both of her feet while trying to jump into a pool from a roof.
On a gofundme.com page, Carrie Yunker said that her daughter, identified as Nicole, shouldn’t have to risk losing her house with her roommates because of the injury.
Nicole is expected to be disabled for at least 6 months to a year. She’s in a wheel chair. Not taking it very well I might add. The issue is that Nicole had just moved into her first house with the best roommates. Nicole not being able to work can’t pay her share of the bills. This threatens not only her losing her place to live, but her roommate’s as well. Their credit too. They have signed a years lease.
Yunker said she paid her daughter’s rent but wants the Internet to help Nicole make it through the next six months. According to the page, she is trying to raise $4,200 to cover Nicole’s living expenses until she can return to work.
In an interview, Nicole said she doesn’t expect to get any donations.
As of Tuesday afternoon, only $60 had been raised.
Watch a video of Nicole’s injury below.
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier