PHOENIX — More than 100 marijuana plants and several firearms were found inside an Ahwatukee home on Tuesday, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said in a release.
When police entered the home at 16830 S. Yellow Court, they found evidence of a significant growing operation.
One of the firearms found was an AK-47. Several handguns were also found.
The find stemmed from a search warrant that was issued Monday after a traffic stop. A police canine unit found seven pounds of marijuana inside a vehicle. The driver, 24-year-old Johnny Lee, was arrested.
Lee is facing multiple charges, including transportation of marijuana, cultivation of marijuana, money laundering and weapons charges.
The search warrant was served jointly by DPS and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office SWAT.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon