PHOENIX — More than 100 marijuana plants and several firearms were found inside an Ahwatukee home on Tuesday, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said in a release.
When police entered the home at 16830 S. Yellow Court, they found evidence of a significant growing operation.
One of the firearms found was an AK-47. Several handguns were also found.
The find stemmed from a search warrant that was issued Monday after a traffic stop. A police canine unit found seven pounds of marijuana inside a vehicle. The driver, 24-year-old Johnny Lee, was arrested.
Lee is facing multiple charges, including transportation of marijuana, cultivation of marijuana, money laundering and weapons charges.
The search warrant was served jointly by DPS and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office SWAT.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier