A chain of Brazilian fast food restaurants encouraged female empowerment by offering a free meal.
According to Mashable, Italian fast food chain Spoleto offered free meals to women who could admit they were beautiful.
The restaurant used the campaign to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, but the advertisement that came along with it just recently went viral.
Women were asked to definitively answer the question, “Are you beautiful?”, before receiving their free meal. The goal of Spoleto’s promotion was to empower women who had the self-esteem to admit their beauty.
Spoleto reported 500 women admitted their beauty and dined free of charge. But, considering the restaurant has 200 locations, the number isn’t as high as they would have hoped.
Despite the message’s good intentions, there was still some backlash associated with the promotion’s focus on looks and vanity.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development