A chain of Brazilian fast food restaurants encouraged female empowerment by offering a free meal.
According to Mashable, Italian fast food chain Spoleto offered free meals to women who could admit they were beautiful.
The restaurant used the campaign to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, but the advertisement that came along with it just recently went viral.
Women were asked to definitively answer the question, “Are you beautiful?”, before receiving their free meal. The goal of Spoleto’s promotion was to empower women who had the self-esteem to admit their beauty.
Spoleto reported 500 women admitted their beauty and dined free of charge. But, considering the restaurant has 200 locations, the number isn’t as high as they would have hoped.
Despite the message’s good intentions, there was still some backlash associated with the promotion’s focus on looks and vanity.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck