A chain of Brazilian fast food restaurants encouraged female empowerment by offering a free meal.
According to Mashable, Italian fast food chain Spoleto offered free meals to women who could admit they were beautiful.
The restaurant used the campaign to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, but the advertisement that came along with it just recently went viral.
Women were asked to definitively answer the question, “Are you beautiful?”, before receiving their free meal. The goal of Spoleto’s promotion was to empower women who had the self-esteem to admit their beauty.
Spoleto reported 500 women admitted their beauty and dined free of charge. But, considering the restaurant has 200 locations, the number isn’t as high as they would have hoped.
Despite the message’s good intentions, there was still some backlash associated with the promotion’s focus on looks and vanity.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments