PHOENIX — The Mesa Police Department is trying to identify businesses who may have been scammed recently.
The scammer will contact a business, claim to be with a related business and ask for cash to help a family member who has been stranded. He often claims it’s for a tow truck or mechanic fee.
The suspected scammer seems to have a knowledge of the daily operations of the business he scams and seems very professional both on the phone and in person.
The suspect is described as being a white male in his late 30s or early 40s. He stands between 6-foot and 6-foot-3 and weighs about 180 lbs., and has a thin build. He was blonde or red hair and often wears a baseball cap.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to contact the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-3303.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes