PHOENIX — The Mesa Police Department is trying to identify businesses who may have been scammed recently.
The scammer will contact a business, claim to be with a related business and ask for cash to help a family member who has been stranded. He often claims it’s for a tow truck or mechanic fee.
The suspected scammer seems to have a knowledge of the daily operations of the business he scams and seems very professional both on the phone and in person.
The suspect is described as being a white male in his late 30s or early 40s. He stands between 6-foot and 6-foot-3 and weighs about 180 lbs., and has a thin build. He was blonde or red hair and often wears a baseball cap.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to contact the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-3303.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick