PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals and City of Glendale are continuing to work out a 15-year deal to bring the team’s summer camp to University of Phoenix Stadium but the clock is winding down.
A few weeks ago the two sides were far apart but have continued to work to reach a deal.
“We’re not over the goal line yet but we’re getting closer,” said Dave McAlindin with Glendale’s economic development department.
McAlindin said the final city council meeting is June 25 and then the council breaks until after summer camp would begin.
“We’d like to get this deal done before the June 25 meeting,” he said.
The Cardinals don’t need Glendales approval to train at their home stadium. The issue is with complications camp would cause.
“The reason this has taken so long is because of issues like parking and management of the youth soccer field,” said McAlindin. “These are some of the issues that kept this from moving forward with the council.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development