PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals and City of Glendale are continuing to work out a 15-year deal to bring the team’s summer camp to University of Phoenix Stadium but the clock is winding down.
A few weeks ago the two sides were far apart but have continued to work to reach a deal.
“We’re not over the goal line yet but we’re getting closer,” said Dave McAlindin with Glendale’s economic development department.
McAlindin said the final city council meeting is June 25 and then the council breaks until after summer camp would begin.
“We’d like to get this deal done before the June 25 meeting,” he said.
The Cardinals don’t need Glendales approval to train at their home stadium. The issue is with complications camp would cause.
“The reason this has taken so long is because of issues like parking and management of the youth soccer field,” said McAlindin. “These are some of the issues that kept this from moving forward with the council.”
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever