PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals and City of Glendale are continuing to work out a 15-year deal to bring the team’s summer camp to University of Phoenix Stadium but the clock is winding down.
A few weeks ago the two sides were far apart but have continued to work to reach a deal.
“We’re not over the goal line yet but we’re getting closer,” said Dave McAlindin with Glendale’s economic development department.
McAlindin said the final city council meeting is June 25 and then the council breaks until after summer camp would begin.
“We’d like to get this deal done before the June 25 meeting,” he said.
The Cardinals don’t need Glendales approval to train at their home stadium. The issue is with complications camp would cause.
“The reason this has taken so long is because of issues like parking and management of the youth soccer field,” said McAlindin. “These are some of the issues that kept this from moving forward with the council.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night