PHOENIX — A mother was arrested Tuesday after her two children were seen ingesting various pills on a porch.
The children were spotted by a neighbor who immediately stopped the 1-year-old and 2-year-old from consuming more medications. When the neighbor entered the home through an open door, she saw the mother, Jessica Harvey, passed out on the floor. The neighbor then called 911.
“Ms. Harvey was extremely intoxicated, to the point where she was really unable to get herself up,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
When emergency crews entered the home at 10635 N. 15th Lane, they found garbage, old food and bugs.
The children were transported to Banner Thunderbird, where the 1-year-old was found to have ingested a potentially lethal amount of aspirin. His stomach was pumped.
Both children will be fine. They are in Child Protective Services custody.
Harvey was charged with child abuse and endangerment.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths