PHOENIX — A mother was arrested Tuesday after her two children were seen ingesting various pills on a porch.
The children were spotted by a neighbor who immediately stopped the 1-year-old and 2-year-old from consuming more medications. When the neighbor entered the home through an open door, she saw the mother, Jessica Harvey, passed out on the floor. The neighbor then called 911.
“Ms. Harvey was extremely intoxicated, to the point where she was really unable to get herself up,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
When emergency crews entered the home at 10635 N. 15th Lane, they found garbage, old food and bugs.
The children were transported to Banner Thunderbird, where the 1-year-old was found to have ingested a potentially lethal amount of aspirin. His stomach was pumped.
Both children will be fine. They are in Child Protective Services custody.
Harvey was charged with child abuse and endangerment.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them