PHOENIX — A mother was arrested Tuesday after her two children were seen ingesting various pills on a porch.
The children were spotted by a neighbor who immediately stopped the 1-year-old and 2-year-old from consuming more medications. When the neighbor entered the home through an open door, she saw the mother, Jessica Harvey, passed out on the floor. The neighbor then called 911.
“Ms. Harvey was extremely intoxicated, to the point where she was really unable to get herself up,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
When emergency crews entered the home at 10635 N. 15th Lane, they found garbage, old food and bugs.
The children were transported to Banner Thunderbird, where the 1-year-old was found to have ingested a potentially lethal amount of aspirin. His stomach was pumped.
Both children will be fine. They are in Child Protective Services custody.
Harvey was charged with child abuse and endangerment.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night