PHOENIX — A mother was arrested Tuesday after her two children were seen ingesting various pills on a porch.
The children were spotted by a neighbor who immediately stopped the 1-year-old and 2-year-old from consuming more medications. When the neighbor entered the home through an open door, she saw the mother, Jessica Harvey, passed out on the floor. The neighbor then called 911.
“Ms. Harvey was extremely intoxicated, to the point where she was really unable to get herself up,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
When emergency crews entered the home at 10635 N. 15th Lane, they found garbage, old food and bugs.
The children were transported to Banner Thunderbird, where the 1-year-old was found to have ingested a potentially lethal amount of aspirin. His stomach was pumped.
Both children will be fine. They are in Child Protective Services custody.
Harvey was charged with child abuse and endangerment.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development