PHOENIX — A Valley group is backing Arizona Sens. Jeff Flake and John McCain in their efforts on immigration reform.
Members of the group Organizing for Action picketed outside of Flake’s Phoenix office today to push for comprehensive immigration reform.
“Immigration reform is needed now,” said David Guzick, the group’s spokesman. “Americans turned out in great numbers this past election to tell Washington that immigration reform could no longer wait.”
Flake helped to draft an immigration bill that passed the Senate Judiciary Committee last week. Guzick encouraged both senators to “keep working and pushing hard, as you have, for the passage of this strong, achieveable legislation that delivers on the American promise and the American dream.”
Guzick thanked both Flake and McCain for being a part of the Gang of Eight, a bipartisan group of senators working on immigration reform.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon