PHOENIX — When you’re returning from a drive down to Mexico, there’s a faster way to get through lines at the border station coming back into the United States: Ready Lanes.
“What a Ready Lane does is help expedite the flow of traffic for travelers who have documents equipped with Radio Frequency Identification Technology,” said Rick Pauza, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “These include documents such as newer versions of the border crossing card and the permanent resident card, as well as the U.S. Passport card.”
Pauza said in the Ready Lanes, the border patrol entry station can handle each car 20 seconds faster, leading to shorter wait times at the border.
Ready Lanes are already open in Nogales and San Luis in Arizona and have just been added to the border station in Calexico, Calif.
For more information, go to getyouhome.gov.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy