PHOENIX — The smoke from a mulch fire in the West Valley is creating problems for people who live in the area.
It’s not just the smell, but winds are spreading the smoke, making it difficult to breathe. A brown haze covered crops fields and neighborhoods Wednesday just north of where the fire broke out the previous day, near 62nd Avenue and Dobbins Road in Laveen.
Phoenix Fire Captain Larry Nunez recommended those in the smoke-effected area turn off their air conditioning.
Nunez said the owner of the land is using his own crew and equipment to put out the fire. Phoenix Fire is assisting and making sure the blaze doesn’t spread further, but crews said it might not be fully contained until this weekend.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths