A Tucson sorority raised $15,000 to benefit a school in Haiti.
According to the official website of “La Source,” a film about the struggle to get clean drinking water in Haiti, the Kappa Kappa Gamma raised the money by hoisting the Hoops for Hope basketball tournament.
“Although $15,000 seemed like a huge reach for us, we were all so passionate about [Generosity Water/La Source] and really wanted to try and reach that goal…even if it meant our entire semester would be completely invested in this movement.”
In order to hit their goal, the tournament was expanded from one day to four and had outside competitions, like hot dog-eating and slam-dunk contests, to build the event. In total, 160 teams participated.
The $15,000 will go to building a classroom at the La Source School, which will be located in rural Haiti.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon