PHOENIX — Home prices are rising in the Valley faster than anywhere else in the nation, a pricing index showed.
The latest Case-Shiller home price index showed that home prices in the Phoenix area jumped by 22.5 percent in the past year.
Diane Brennan, host of “That Real Estate Show” on KTAR, said that Phoenix home prices were the first to drop during the recession, so it only makes sense that the Valley tops the list now that prices are making a comeback.
In fact, Brennan said some areas of the Valley have home prices that are rising much faster than that 22.5 percent figure.
“It might be 22 percent on average, but we’ve seen some places jump 100 percent in some of the hardest hit areas,” she said, adding that those areas include south Phoenix, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley and other outlying areas.
The prices are rising because the demand for homes is high, while the inventory is low. That causes a problem for realtors like Brennan.
“It’s frustrating for realtors and real estate agents in the Valley because we have buyers, but we just don’t have any sellers.”
Brennan said many people are still hanging on to their homes because they were underwater in their mortgage and they don’t realize that prices have risen.
Brennan does not believe in predictions that Phoenix is in a second housing “bubble” that is about to burst.
“I think that ‘other bubble’ is a bunch of malarkey,” she said. “I think those people who are panicking and calling doomsday again is unfounded.”
Brennan said if you’re thinking of selling your home or even refinancing your mortgage, now’s the time to ask your realtor what your home is worth.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy