TEMPE, Ariz. — Two Tempe police officers will soon be stars on the Swiss reality TV show, “Job Swap.”
Officers Dennison Dawson and Jess Dever-Jakusz found out on Monday they were chosen to represent Tempe police for five days in Switzerland.
“We didn’t even know where we were going, because that’s part of the show,” said Dawson. “We still don’t know much. They’re not informing us step-by-step, so that’s part of the show I guess, the surprise factor.”
On Tuesday, a Swiss film crew documented the two leaving from police headquarters. Officers played bagpipes as a motorcade escorted the future reality TV stars to the airport.
Dever-Jakusz said she’s never been to Europe. Dawson has never left the country.
“Coming from Arizona, being a native I got that thin blood,” said Dawson. “I got to get used to that cold weather, but for something like this I’ll freeze a little bit. It’s a great opportunity.”
Two officers from Switzerland will fly into Sky Harbor Monday night and shadow Tempe police for the rest of the week.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments