TEMPE, Ariz. — Two Tempe police officers will soon be stars on the Swiss reality TV show, “Job Swap.”
Officers Dennison Dawson and Jess Dever-Jakusz found out on Monday they were chosen to represent Tempe police for five days in Switzerland.
“We didn’t even know where we were going, because that’s part of the show,” said Dawson. “We still don’t know much. They’re not informing us step-by-step, so that’s part of the show I guess, the surprise factor.”
On Tuesday, a Swiss film crew documented the two leaving from police headquarters. Officers played bagpipes as a motorcade escorted the future reality TV stars to the airport.
Dever-Jakusz said she’s never been to Europe. Dawson has never left the country.
“Coming from Arizona, being a native I got that thin blood,” said Dawson. “I got to get used to that cold weather, but for something like this I’ll freeze a little bit. It’s a great opportunity.”
Two officers from Switzerland will fly into Sky Harbor Monday night and shadow Tempe police for the rest of the week.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life