PHOENIX — The driver of a hit-and-run accident that killed an 11-year-old boy near 35th Avenue and Campbell Avenue Saturday night turned himself in Tuesday.
According to a spokesperson with the Phoenix Police Department, Mabior Ding, 23, will be booked with manslaughter and leaving the scene of a fatal collision.
Saturday at 7:45 p.m. a silver 1999 Isuzu Amigo was backing out of a parking space in the south parking lot of the Fountainhead Apartments when his vehicle collided with the child who was walking with his mother.
Witnesses at the scene said the suspect helped get the boy out from under the vehicle before walking away.
The boy was transported to a nearby hospital following the accident but died shortly upon arrival.
Officials believe Mabior couldn’t stop his vehicle because he failed to remove the security club from the steering wheel and brake pedal before putting the car in reverse.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development