PHOENIX — During a Tuesday City Council meeting, members will hear how much programs and services will be cut as a result of the automatic federal spending cuts.
The city’s fiscal year starts July 1 and several programs will be affected.
According to a city report, Phoenix will get nearly $1.5 million less for the Head Start Education Division, and 186 fewer families will receive services. The city is planning to cut $330,000 from homeless services grants and programs and up to $250,000 for senior services, like “Meals on Wheels” which includes home-delivered meals for the elderly and disabled.
In early May, Congress authorized moving money around to avoid furloughs of 15,000 air traffic controllers, including in the Valley. That money is scheduled to run out on October 1.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development