CHANDLER, Ariz. — If you’re looking to buy a home in Chandler, relocate your business or send your kids to a new school in that city, the Chandler Police Department now offers crime statistics on their website, all laid out on a map, grid or in dashboard form.
The public can now find recent reported crime in areas all over Chandler. It can be accessed through
Chandler Police Department’s website and is powered by BAIR Analytics, according to Chandler PD.
“You can view a map of the city of Chandler, and you can break it down by the location that you live or the address that you’re looking for information on a crime,” said Detective Seth Tyler.
The crime maps show statistics within an area of up to five miles from the address or intersection selected.
“You can find every type of crime you’re looking for all the way from homicide to simple theft,” Tyler said.
The crimes can be narrowed down by type, date and location ranges. The public can sign up for neighborhood watch reports through the same site and will get the information via e-mail and will be able to submit anonymous tips as well.
Tyler explained how this new computer system can help provide important crime statistics to anyone interested in learning more about crime in a specific area.
“We’ve been providing this for a long time, but in the past we would get phone calls or e-mails and would have to generate the information ourselves and call the person back or e-mail them with the requested information,” Tyler said.
With the crime maps, the information refreshes every 24 hours.
Though personal details and specific addresses are hidden within the results, a police report can be found for anyone looking to make further inquiries. The maps are also available on the iPhone and are free.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick