PHOENIX — Zombies, Power Rangers, comic book fans and more have descended upon downtown Phoenix for Comicon.
The annual event is going on this weekend at the Phoenix Convention Center. This year’s convention features people in their favorite comic book and movie characters and booths where you can see all of the latest comic books and their creators.
Phoenix Comicon Spokeswoman Jillian Squires said you’ll have your chance to meet several stars there.
“Everyone from Michael Rooker to Christian Bauer from True Blood, we’ve got the ‘Babylon 5’ reunion, ‘Walking Dead,'” said Squires.
Numerous attendees were dressed as Storm Troopers from “Star Wars,” Power Rangers, and even one woman dressed as Bettlejuice. Then there was Bill Smith. His green leprechaun-like suite is a 1970’s anime character.
“Levon the Third is known as the greatest thief in the world,” said Smith. “He loves the chase. He loves to steal.”
When asked why he wanted to be associated with the character, Smith said it was because “I see a lot of myself in him.”
When asked if Smith has criminal record, he laughingly replied “No, I don’t have a criminal record!”
Standing next to Smith was Mary Anderson. She was dressed in a bikini as an anime character called Love Invader.
“I’m like the quintessential hot alien chick,” she said. “Some people describe her as an ‘oney,’ the Japanese word for ‘demon,’ but she’s really just cute and wants to have fun.”
Squires said that this year’s Phoenix Comicon is expected to attract 45,000 people over the stretch of the weekend.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon