SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — They might have the beach and perfect weather, but during the summertime southern Californians seem to love the desert.
“California is one of our biggest markets for visitors to Scottsdale, especially from the Los Angeles market. It’s one of the top four destinations that we see visitors from honestly throughout the year, but especially in the summer,” said Rachel Pierson with the Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.
According to the SCVB, Scottsdale will target Californians using numerous marketing strategies.
“Scottsdale messaging will be promoted through a combination of online and outdoor marketing efforts, including light-pole banners at The Grove, a popular and upscale LA shopping mall, through the website SummerinScottsdale.com and with pay per click and Facebook ads. The website will feature four separate landing pages for four unique audiences: family, couples, girlfriends and millennials. These landing pages, which include highly visual itineraries, also will be featured in the SCVB’s summer leisure emails for May, June and July, which are sent to over 60,000 people.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon