PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks are hosting an online auction to benefit the victims of the tornado that struck Moore, Okla., on Sunday.
“We’re going to have several items that are featuring our players: Autographed items, we’ll have bats, balls, we’ve got cleats, jerseys,” said D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall. “Just a nice diverse realm of items autographed from really most of, if not all, of our players who are really on board just to help out.”
Hall said the auction was inspired from one of the team’s prospects, pitcher Archie Bradley, who hails from Muskogee, Okla.
“He was our first-round pick a few years ago. He started his own online auction with some signed, autographed memorabilia from his team and his teammates.”
The D-backs’ auction will accept bids until May 31.
The team also plans to donate proceeds from Saturday’s 50/50 raffle to the Red Cross.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon