PHOENIX — A 2 million square foot complex will house a new multi-use development in downtown Tempe and is being called the largest office-development deal in state history.
The announcement was made Friday.
The property, which is owned by Arizona State University and is across from Tempe Town Lake, stretches more than 20 acres. Construction will cost in the neighborhood of $600 million.
State Farm heads the list of companies who will be leasing office space. There will also be retail shops and a fitness facility.
“This is a proud day for Tempe and everyone involved,” said Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell in a statement.
Gov. Jan Brewer said, “The jobs that will be created to make this project a reality will be a tremendous boon to our economy.”
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee