PHOENIX — The “help wanted” sign is up in the East Valley.
Direct Energy opened a new call center in Tempe on Thursday. Direct Energy President Scott Boose said the company hopes to employ up to 500 people.
“We’re hiring anywhere from entry-level folks coming on board here to supervisors and managers in each functional area, as well as IT, quality training and account management,” he said.
The company produces natural gas in Canada and electricity in Texas.
“We’ll be selling and offering customer care to residents,” said Steven Murray, Direct Energy’s Residential President. “Unfortunately, we won’t be selling to customers in Arizona yet. That’s because the market here is no deregulated. We fully expect and hope that it will be in the next year or so.”
Murray said it was tax incentives and a highly skilled workforce that led the company to open the call center here.
Job listings will be posed on Direct Energy’s website.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development