PHOENIX — The “help wanted” sign is up in the East Valley.
Direct Energy opened a new call center in Tempe on Thursday. Direct Energy President Scott Boose said the company hopes to employ up to 500 people.
“We’re hiring anywhere from entry-level folks coming on board here to supervisors and managers in each functional area, as well as IT, quality training and account management,” he said.
The company produces natural gas in Canada and electricity in Texas.
“We’ll be selling and offering customer care to residents,” said Steven Murray, Direct Energy’s Residential President. “Unfortunately, we won’t be selling to customers in Arizona yet. That’s because the market here is no deregulated. We fully expect and hope that it will be in the next year or so.”
Murray said it was tax incentives and a highly skilled workforce that led the company to open the call center here.
Job listings will be posed on Direct Energy’s website.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick