PHOENIX — The funeral procession for fallen Phoenix firefighter Brad Harper will impact Valley freeways on Friday.
Doug Nintzel with the Arizona Department of Transportation said temporary closures are scheduled to be in place after 3:00 p.m. while the procession is underway.
“Sections of eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Interstate 17. Then southbound 17 will be closed at times between the 101 and McDowell Road. We would encourage people to plane ahead and avoid those freeways.”
The full route for Harper’s funeral procession is below:
Start: 7007 W. Happy Valley Rd.
West from 7000 W. Happy Valley Road to 67th Avenue
South on 67th Avenue to SR 101
East on SR 101 to the I-17
South on I-17, exiting on McDowell Road
Westbound on McDowell Road to 27th Avenue
Southbound on 27th Avenue to the west entrance of the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery at 2300 W. Van Buren.
The procession of fire vehicles will continue South on 27th Avenue to Van Buren, then
eastbound on Van Buren, where they will be parked on Van Buren from 27th Avenue to the I-17.
A second procession for fallen Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz is scheduled to start late Saturday morning. The eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Seventh Street.
A video of Friday’s closures is below.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them