PHOENIX — The funeral procession for fallen Phoenix firefighter Brad Harper will impact Valley freeways on Friday.
Doug Nintzel with the Arizona Department of Transportation said temporary closures are scheduled to be in place after 3:00 p.m. while the procession is underway.
“Sections of eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Interstate 17. Then southbound 17 will be closed at times between the 101 and McDowell Road. We would encourage people to plane ahead and avoid those freeways.”
The full route for Harper’s funeral procession is below:
Start: 7007 W. Happy Valley Rd.
West from 7000 W. Happy Valley Road to 67th Avenue
South on 67th Avenue to SR 101
East on SR 101 to the I-17
South on I-17, exiting on McDowell Road
Westbound on McDowell Road to 27th Avenue
Southbound on 27th Avenue to the west entrance of the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery at 2300 W. Van Buren.
The procession of fire vehicles will continue South on 27th Avenue to Van Buren, then
eastbound on Van Buren, where they will be parked on Van Buren from 27th Avenue to the I-17.
A second procession for fallen Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz is scheduled to start late Saturday morning. The eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Seventh Street.
A video of Friday’s closures is below.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes