PHOENIX — The funeral procession for fallen Phoenix firefighter Brad Harper will impact Valley freeways on Friday.
Doug Nintzel with the Arizona Department of Transportation said temporary closures are scheduled to be in place after 3:00 p.m. while the procession is underway.
“Sections of eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Interstate 17. Then southbound 17 will be closed at times between the 101 and McDowell Road. We would encourage people to plane ahead and avoid those freeways.”
The full route for Harper’s funeral procession is below:
Start: 7007 W. Happy Valley Rd.
West from 7000 W. Happy Valley Road to 67th Avenue
South on 67th Avenue to SR 101
East on SR 101 to the I-17
South on I-17, exiting on McDowell Road
Westbound on McDowell Road to 27th Avenue
Southbound on 27th Avenue to the west entrance of the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery at 2300 W. Van Buren.
The procession of fire vehicles will continue South on 27th Avenue to Van Buren, then
eastbound on Van Buren, where they will be parked on Van Buren from 27th Avenue to the I-17.
A second procession for fallen Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz is scheduled to start late Saturday morning. The eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Seventh Street.
A video of Friday’s closures is below.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.