No time like Halloween for a bit of a morbid list.
Forbes compiled the earnings of celebrities who are still raking in the cash after their demise. Not surprisingly, Michael Jackson tops the list with $115 million this year. According to Forbes, Jackson has earned over $1 billion since his death in 2009. Elvis Presley also made the list even though he’s been dead for nearly forty years.
The list looked at pretax earnings from Oct. 1, 2014 through Oct. 1, 2015. Income from record sales, music publishing, film residuals and licensing were all included.
Here’s a look at the top 13 afterlife earners.
- Number of Arizona Halloween weekend DUI arrests doubled this year
- Main Street Minute: Trade in your Halloween candy for cash in Gilbert
- McCain pushes for NYC terror suspect to be interrogated as enemy soldier
- Mean streak: Celebrate Halloween with some scary prank videos
- Hilarious Halloween costumes take social media by storm