No time like Halloween for a bit of a morbid list.
Forbes compiled the earnings of celebrities who are still raking in the cash after their demise. Not surprisingly, Michael Jackson tops the list with $115 million this year. According to Forbes, Jackson has earned over $1 billion since his death in 2009. Elvis Presley also made the list even though he’s been dead for nearly forty years.
The list looked at pretax earnings from Oct. 1, 2014 through Oct. 1, 2015. Income from record sales, music publishing, film residuals and licensing were all included.
Here’s a look at the top 13 afterlife earners.
- Scottsdale native Emma Stone leads Forbes’ highest-paid actresses list
- Mark Wahlberg tops Forbes’ annual list of highest-paid actors
- Did you know? These 10 notable things happened in August
- Forbes has the richest person in Arizona worth over $5 billion
- Forbes crowns Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs as highest-paid entertainer