PHOENIX — Several Pinal County Sheriff’s Office deputies, along with other aid, will depart Friday morning to assist the recovery efforts in Moore, Okla., a town devastated by a tornado.
“My family’s home and town were affected by a tornado in Mississippi and people from all over the world came to help,” said Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles in a release. “Experiencing, directly the effects these disasters pose for people and their families, I wanted to pay those favors forward by helping and providing the residents of Oklahoma with needed resources.”
In total, three deputies will be sent, along with Voyles.
In addition to the deputies, PCSO will be delivering Walmart gift cards, banners offering messages of support and 15 new chain saws.
Those who wish to purchase gift cards can do so at any Walmart within Pinal County on Wednesday or Thursday. The banners can be signed at Walmart stores in Apache Junction, Casa Grande, Coolidge, Maricopa and San Tan Valley.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon