PHOENIX — Tattoo regret happens to a lot of people.
A bad decision can result in a tribal tattoo, the name of a former lover or even a cartoon character inked permanently onto a body.
“All those people who made the decision when they were younger that maybe it was stylish or cool to have a tattoo are entering a new phase in their lives,” said Dr. Lee Laris, a cosmetic surgeon with the Phoenix Skin Medical Surgical Group. “Maybe they are new moms or dads, who don’t want to send the wrong message to their baby.”
Laris’ practice is the only practice in the state, one of 16 in the world, that is offering PicoSure. The tattoo-removal procedure was recently approved by the FDA. Laris said it can cut the removal sessions in half with less pain and at a lower price.
The key to its success is that the laser delivers a single pulse of energy in one-trillionth of a second.
“You stack those pulses of energy and you get one trillion pulses in a second. The next fastest laser is 100 times slower,” said Laris.
From these bursts of energy, the ink shatters and is allowed to be “washed away” by the body.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night