PHOENIX — Tattoo regret happens to a lot of people.
A bad decision can result in a tribal tattoo, the name of a former lover or even a cartoon character inked permanently onto a body.
“All those people who made the decision when they were younger that maybe it was stylish or cool to have a tattoo are entering a new phase in their lives,” said Dr. Lee Laris, a cosmetic surgeon with the Phoenix Skin Medical Surgical Group. “Maybe they are new moms or dads, who don’t want to send the wrong message to their baby.”
Laris’ practice is the only practice in the state, one of 16 in the world, that is offering PicoSure. The tattoo-removal procedure was recently approved by the FDA. Laris said it can cut the removal sessions in half with less pain and at a lower price.
The key to its success is that the laser delivers a single pulse of energy in one-trillionth of a second.
“You stack those pulses of energy and you get one trillion pulses in a second. The next fastest laser is 100 times slower,” said Laris.
From these bursts of energy, the ink shatters and is allowed to be “washed away” by the body.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food