PHOENIX — Lakes near Phoenix appear ready for the influx of people over the Memorial Day holiday, a Salt River Project official said.
“We did get enough rain and snow this winter that we did get some refill of the reservoirs,” said Charlie Ester, Water Resources Operations Manager at SRP.
The water levels at “Apache Lake, Canyon Lake and Saguaro lake are all essentially full,” Ester said. “Their levels are where we always keep them. Over on the Verde River, Bartlett Lake is 95 percent full. It’s about three-and-a-half feet down, which will give just enough shore line for some really great camping.”
Roosevelt Lake is a little less than half full, but Ester said that’s where he would head this weekend.
“Roosevelt’s far enough away, and the same with Apache, that you really don’t have the big crowds,” Ester said. “Both of those lakes are large also.”
Ester said if you’re planning on drinking, make sure there’s a designated driver in both your car and your boat.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again