PHOENIX — Lakes near Phoenix appear ready for the influx of people over the Memorial Day holiday, a Salt River Project official said.
“We did get enough rain and snow this winter that we did get some refill of the reservoirs,” said Charlie Ester, Water Resources Operations Manager at SRP.
The water levels at “Apache Lake, Canyon Lake and Saguaro lake are all essentially full,” Ester said. “Their levels are where we always keep them. Over on the Verde River, Bartlett Lake is 95 percent full. It’s about three-and-a-half feet down, which will give just enough shore line for some really great camping.”
Roosevelt Lake is a little less than half full, but Ester said that’s where he would head this weekend.
“Roosevelt’s far enough away, and the same with Apache, that you really don’t have the big crowds,” Ester said. “Both of those lakes are large also.”
Ester said if you’re planning on drinking, make sure there’s a designated driver in both your car and your boat.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development