PHOENIX — Construction workers in need of a job should consider heading to Oklahoma to help in the rebuilding process, a Valley construction leader said.
“For those skilled in a craft, who are sitting at home, here’s where they can put those skills to work,” said David Jones with the Arizona Construction Association.
Jones said the immediate need will be heavy equipment operators like bulldozers and truck drivers. That need will then turn into the need for carpenters, electricians, plumbers and roofers, among others.
Those who are interested should contact Jones’ office.
“We can funnel the info to our colleagues in Oklahoma and they can give us instructions on where people will be needed and then report to,” he said.
Jones estimated that the rebuild after a devastating tornado will take at least one year.
For more information on the ACA, go to azca.com.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon