PHOENIX — Construction workers in need of a job should consider heading to Oklahoma to help in the rebuilding process, a Valley construction leader said.
“For those skilled in a craft, who are sitting at home, here’s where they can put those skills to work,” said David Jones with the Arizona Construction Association.
Jones said the immediate need will be heavy equipment operators like bulldozers and truck drivers. That need will then turn into the need for carpenters, electricians, plumbers and roofers, among others.
Those who are interested should contact Jones’ office.
“We can funnel the info to our colleagues in Oklahoma and they can give us instructions on where people will be needed and then report to,” he said.
Jones estimated that the rebuild after a devastating tornado will take at least one year.
For more information on the ACA, go to azca.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night