Thousands of firefighters and police officers from all over the Valley honored the lives to two fallen Phoenix heroes Wednesday by helping their families in a fundraising effort.
“We take care of our brothers and sisters,” said retired firefighter Tim Smith. Smith was part of the grilling team, busily cooking hamburgers and hot dogs during a special Benefit Barbecue for the families of Officer Daryl Raetz and Firefighter Bradley Harper.
Phoenix police officer Daryl Raetz, 29, was struck by an SUV and killed Sunday while he was investigating a DUI traffic stop.
Phoenix firefighter Bradley Harper, 23, was pinned between two emergency vehicles while responding to a brush fire. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital on Sunday.
The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association and the Phoenix Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona are hosting the event “to honor our fallen and support their families.”
The fundraiser is being held through 1 a.m. at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel, located at 2620 W. Dunlap Ave., in Phoenix.
Those who want to donate to the family of Officer Daryl Raetz online can click here.
Those who want to do donate to the widow of fallen Phoenix Firefighter Brad Harper can go to any Chase Bank and ask for account #2959805195. All donations will go to his widow.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night