Thousands of firefighters and police officers from all over the Valley honored the lives to two fallen Phoenix heroes Wednesday by helping their families in a fundraising effort.
“We take care of our brothers and sisters,” said retired firefighter Tim Smith. Smith was part of the grilling team, busily cooking hamburgers and hot dogs during a special Benefit Barbecue for the families of Officer Daryl Raetz and Firefighter Bradley Harper.
Phoenix police officer Daryl Raetz, 29, was struck by an SUV and killed Sunday while he was investigating a DUI traffic stop.
Phoenix firefighter Bradley Harper, 23, was pinned between two emergency vehicles while responding to a brush fire. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital on Sunday.
The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association and the Phoenix Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona are hosting the event “to honor our fallen and support their families.”
The fundraiser is being held through 1 a.m. at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel, located at 2620 W. Dunlap Ave., in Phoenix.
Those who want to donate to the family of Officer Daryl Raetz online can click here.
Those who want to do donate to the widow of fallen Phoenix Firefighter Brad Harper can go to any Chase Bank and ask for account #2959805195. All donations will go to his widow.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets