Thousands of firefighters and police officers from all over the Valley honored the lives to two fallen Phoenix heroes Wednesday by helping their families in a fundraising effort.
“We take care of our brothers and sisters,” said retired firefighter Tim Smith. Smith was part of the grilling team, busily cooking hamburgers and hot dogs during a special Benefit Barbecue for the families of Officer Daryl Raetz and Firefighter Bradley Harper.
Phoenix police officer Daryl Raetz, 29, was struck by an SUV and killed Sunday while he was investigating a DUI traffic stop.
Phoenix firefighter Bradley Harper, 23, was pinned between two emergency vehicles while responding to a brush fire. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital on Sunday.
The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association and the Phoenix Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona are hosting the event “to honor our fallen and support their families.”
The fundraiser is being held through 1 a.m. at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel, located at 2620 W. Dunlap Ave., in Phoenix.
Those who want to donate to the family of Officer Daryl Raetz online can click here.
Those who want to do donate to the widow of fallen Phoenix Firefighter Brad Harper can go to any Chase Bank and ask for account #2959805195. All donations will go to his widow.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development