PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix is hoping to get a lot of young adults hired through a local job fair on Friday.
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center, young Valley professionals will find the training and resources they need to get a job at the 100K Opportunities Initiative job fair. They will even have an opportunity to interview with a handful of potential employers.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said the event is expected to change a lot of lives.
“Over 1,000 kids we expect to be employed as a result of this job fair, and for many of them, this will change the trajectory of their lives in a very positive direction,” he said. “This event will change the trajectory of hundreds of young people’s lives.”
Stanton said more than 20 local and national companies will be looking to hire young adults, including Harkins Theaters, Starbucks, Macy’s and the Hyatt Corporation.
- Tempe City Hall selected as ugliest building in Arizona
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Phoenix airport exploring plan to leave parking business
- Items from Macayo’s heading to auction in Phoenix, Casa Grande, Tucson
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby