I’m going to say this right now: You’ll hear this movie pop up a lot in award season.
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. The main focus is Brie Larson’s and Jacob Tremblay’s characters, who we later learn live in a tiny room where they are held captive. Larson’s character was kidnapped and raped. Tremblay is the son that resulted.
“Room” is easily one of the best pictures of the year. Larson and 9-year-old Tremblay combine to form an amazing mother-son relationship onscreen that is really touching to see.
Mark it now: This movie will be up for best picture and Larson will get a nod for best actress.
Bring tissues to this one.
- Arizona native Emma Stone to return to big screen for ‘Zombieland 2’
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- ‘Infinity War’ opens with record $250M, passing ‘Star Wars’