I’m going to say this right now: You’ll hear this movie pop up a lot in award season.
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. The main focus is Brie Larson’s and Jacob Tremblay’s characters, who we later learn live in a tiny room where they are held captive. Larson’s character was kidnapped and raped. Tremblay is the son that resulted.
“Room” is easily one of the best pictures of the year. Larson and 9-year-old Tremblay combine to form an amazing mother-son relationship onscreen that is really touching to see.
Mark it now: This movie will be up for best picture and Larson will get a nod for best actress.
Bring tissues to this one.
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office