I’m going to say this right now: You’ll hear this movie pop up a lot in award season.
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. The main focus is Brie Larson’s and Jacob Tremblay’s characters, who we later learn live in a tiny room where they are held captive. Larson’s character was kidnapped and raped. Tremblay is the son that resulted.
“Room” is easily one of the best pictures of the year. Larson and 9-year-old Tremblay combine to form an amazing mother-son relationship onscreen that is really touching to see.
Mark it now: This movie will be up for best picture and Larson will get a nod for best actress.
Bring tissues to this one.
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Best Phoenix places for a coffee on National Coffee Day
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona AG says state tuition rate hikes unfair for parents, students