I’m going to say this right now: You’ll hear this movie pop up a lot in award season.
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. The main focus is Brie Larson’s and Jacob Tremblay’s characters, who we later learn live in a tiny room where they are held captive. Larson’s character was kidnapped and raped. Tremblay is the son that resulted.
“Room” is easily one of the best pictures of the year. Larson and 9-year-old Tremblay combine to form an amazing mother-son relationship onscreen that is really touching to see.
Mark it now: This movie will be up for best picture and Larson will get a nod for best actress.
Bring tissues to this one.
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona AG says state tuition rate hikes unfair for parents, students
- Enjoy movie moments of 6 great seniors for Grandparents Day
- Phoenix museum to offer free admission to educators
- Celebrities share best advice they ever got from dad