PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz. restaurant lashed out Monday on Facebook after an online firestorm put them directly in the crosshairs of the Internet.
Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro came under fire after appearing on an episode of Gordon Ramsay’s “Kitchen Nightmare,” in which married owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo were seen cursing out customers, each other and servers who were paid hourly instead of the standard tip-based system.
This brought a hailstorm of criticism down upon the Scottsdale eatery, who took to the Internet to defend itself.
On their Facebook page, the bistro posted numerous times in its defense, but what started as a business sticking up for itself eventually turned into an expletive-laced meltdown, especially after the popular user-generated site Reddit caught wind.
Below are some of the things posted to the restaurant’s Facebook page.
We do not feel the need to make any excuses for our behavior on tonight’s show.
However we would like to make the following statement:
We do not, nor have we ever stolen or taken any of our servers ,waitresses, or waiters tips at Amy’s Baking Company.
We pay our staff members anywhere between $8.00 to $14.00 per hour to ensure that at the end of the week regardless of it being busy or not, that they go home with money and a well paid paycheck. As do many other restaurants.
They are aware of this when they are hired.
I would challenge any of our employees past or present to come forward with proof that we have ever done such a horrible thing.
So please enjoy the show!
Amy & Samy
I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO RESELL THINGS WALMART DOES NOT MAKE THEIR ELECTRONICS OR TOYS SO LAY OFF!!!!
Samy and I will stand strong through the oppression that has been thrown at us. We ask that our supporters keep us in their prayers, through this rough and unjust time in our lives. Thank all of you, and thank God. We will not bend to the will of these haters and sinners.
I AM WONDER WOMAN. I AM A GREAT CHEF, A GREAT WIFE, AND A GREAT MOM TO MY KIDS. AND WE WILL BE PARENTS TO A HUMAN KID, ONE DAY TO. WE WILL SHOW ALL OF YOU.
Each post received thousands of comments, some of whom claimed that the restaurant used photos of products not created by the bakery. Amy’s said it does resell items.
In a follow-up post, the bakery claimed it was hacked.
Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy
The meltdown even generated a parody Facebook page called Crazy Amy’s Baking Company.
According to Fox 10, Ramsay eventually refused to offer assistance any longer because of the owners, the first time he has done so. Amy said she was ashamed of what happened on the show.
They say they don’t yell at customers and the customers the night of the taping exaggerated problems.
While Fox was at the restaurant, Samy was seen turning some customers away, claiming he “chooses” his customers.
The owners said they treat their employees well and have many loyal customers who are offering them moral support.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night