PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz. restaurant lashed out Monday on Facebook after an online firestorm put them directly in the crosshairs of the Internet.
Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro came under fire after appearing on an episode of Gordon Ramsay’s “Kitchen Nightmare,” in which married owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo were seen cursing out customers, each other and servers who were paid hourly instead of the standard tip-based system.
This brought a hailstorm of criticism down upon the Scottsdale eatery, who took to the Internet to defend itself.
On their Facebook page, the bistro posted numerous times in its defense, but what started as a business sticking up for itself eventually turned into an expletive-laced meltdown, especially after the popular user-generated site Reddit caught wind.
Below are some of the things posted to the restaurant’s Facebook page.
We do not feel the need to make any excuses for our behavior on tonight’s show.
However we would like to make the following statement:
We do not, nor have we ever stolen or taken any of our servers ,waitresses, or waiters tips at Amy’s Baking Company.
We pay our staff members anywhere between $8.00 to $14.00 per hour to ensure that at the end of the week regardless of it being busy or not, that they go home with money and a well paid paycheck. As do many other restaurants.
They are aware of this when they are hired.
I would challenge any of our employees past or present to come forward with proof that we have ever done such a horrible thing.
So please enjoy the show!
Amy & Samy
I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO RESELL THINGS WALMART DOES NOT MAKE THEIR ELECTRONICS OR TOYS SO LAY OFF!!!!
Samy and I will stand strong through the oppression that has been thrown at us. We ask that our supporters keep us in their prayers, through this rough and unjust time in our lives. Thank all of you, and thank God. We will not bend to the will of these haters and sinners.
I AM WONDER WOMAN. I AM A GREAT CHEF, A GREAT WIFE, AND A GREAT MOM TO MY KIDS. AND WE WILL BE PARENTS TO A HUMAN KID, ONE DAY TO. WE WILL SHOW ALL OF YOU.
Each post received thousands of comments, some of whom claimed that the restaurant used photos of products not created by the bakery. Amy’s said it does resell items.
In a follow-up post, the bakery claimed it was hacked.
Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy
The meltdown even generated a parody Facebook page called Crazy Amy’s Baking Company.
According to Fox 10, Ramsay eventually refused to offer assistance any longer because of the owners, the first time he has done so. Amy said she was ashamed of what happened on the show.
They say they don’t yell at customers and the customers the night of the taping exaggerated problems.
While Fox was at the restaurant, Samy was seen turning some customers away, claiming he “chooses” his customers.
The owners said they treat their employees well and have many loyal customers who are offering them moral support.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America