PHOENIX — Phoenix currently has light rail, buses and cars, but residents may soon have yet another way to get around.
On Tuesday, the city’s transportation and infrastructure subcommittee will recommend that the city council award a five-year contract with a company to provide a city-wide bike sharing program that would allow people to rent bikes at one location and return at another location once they are finished.
The company, Cycle Hop, would own, operate and maintain the program. It already does business with Chicago, Tampa and other cities.
The plan calls for no city tax dollars to be used. Instead, Cycle Hop sets it up and collects rental fees.
According to a city report, Cycle Hop has quoted a one-day rental at $5, a five-day at $20 and 30-day at $30. The first hour is free and each additional 30 minutes would cost an extra $2.00. Annual memberships would also be offered.
If the full council approves the plan, Cycle Hop expects to launch the bike sharing program in mid-December.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick