PHOENIX — A fatal shooting in April was the result of an argument over payment for a sex act, police said in an email.
Marshon Garth was arrested Monday on suspicion of fatally shooting a 23-year-old black male and injuring a 27-year-old Hispanic woman.
Police said that the female victim, an exotic dancer, agreed to perform oral sex on Garth for $400. After the act was performed, the pair were involved in a dispute over payment.
The female victim called her boyfriend, Michael Ray Gauer, to help her leave the area. As the victims were driving away, Garth allegedly opened fire, fatally wounding Gauer and injuring the female victim. The car the victims were in later crashed into a tree.
Garth has been charged with first-degree murder, aggravated assault and kidnapping.
The female victim has not been identified.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon