PHOENIX — The Arizona Corporation Commission has taken small steps that could eventually lead to opening up the state’s electric markets.
Although that possibility is probably years down the road, the commission will hold two meetings at a date to be determined and will also seek input from stakeholders.
Arizona’s future could see open competition for power consumers. Meaning consumers could potentially drop Arizona Public Service as their power provider and buy power from a third party.
Diane Brown with the Arizona Public Interest Research Group said she won’t give opening up the market her blessing unless it works favor of the customer.
“Consumers would have to have actual choices, including a utility that will increase energy efficiency and clean energy, which is what we see ratepayers wanting more and more.”
Salt River Project’s rates are not regulated by the Corporation Commission because SRP is a political subdivision of the state. The commission has no power over municipal utilities.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development