PHOENIX — Officers with the Phoenix Police Department were called to the intersection of N. Central Ave. and W. Van Buren St. at around 8:45 p.m. Saturday night after a 2003 Mercury SUV collided with Light Rail train #108.
The driver of the SUV, later identified as 38-year-old Guadalupe Cobos Jr., failed to stop for a red light and collided with the broadside of the train. After the collision, Cobos Jr. fled the scene on foot before being detained by an ASU police officer four blocks away.
According to a spokesperson with the Phoenix PD, Cobos Jr. showed signs of impairment and was processed and booked for Aggravated DUI and leaving the scene of an injury collision.
At the time of the collision, the train was full of fans coming from both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Arizona Rattlers’ games. Four passengers complained of pain and were transported to a local hospital as a precaution.
While the train and SUV suffered extensive damage, there was only minimal disruption to the Light Rail service.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food