PHOENIX — Officers with the Phoenix Police Department were called to the intersection of N. Central Ave. and W. Van Buren St. at around 8:45 p.m. Saturday night after a 2003 Mercury SUV collided with Light Rail train #108.
The driver of the SUV, later identified as 38-year-old Guadalupe Cobos Jr., failed to stop for a red light and collided with the broadside of the train. After the collision, Cobos Jr. fled the scene on foot before being detained by an ASU police officer four blocks away.
According to a spokesperson with the Phoenix PD, Cobos Jr. showed signs of impairment and was processed and booked for Aggravated DUI and leaving the scene of an injury collision.
At the time of the collision, the train was full of fans coming from both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Arizona Rattlers’ games. Four passengers complained of pain and were transported to a local hospital as a precaution.
While the train and SUV suffered extensive damage, there was only minimal disruption to the Light Rail service.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development