PEORIA, Ariz. — A lot of people in the West Valley are apparently proud to be Peorians.
In the recently released National Citizens Survey, Peoria residents said they love their city.
“Ninety-three percent of the residents say that Peoria is good or excellent for quality of life,” said Peoria Public Information Officer Bo Larsen. “That’s one of the highest in the country compared to comparable sized cities.”
Larsen said that 98 percent would recommend living in Peoria. They like the way the city has improved the water.
“Back in 2009, only about 45 percent of the residents said the tap water didn’t taste so good,” he said. “The water is very safe, we have some of the highest ranked water in the state, but perception is everything. This time around, we’re in the mid 60s, where people said that the taste of the water is good or excellent.”
Larsen said people also think the traffic signals are timed so that they get around town quicker, especially near the Loop 101 and Beardsley Road.
On the down side, the downtown area needs improvement. Many of respondents said that they’re afraid to go there at night.
Larsen blames the high number of abandoned buildings there. He said the city is trying to improve that by hosting music festivals and other events in the area.
The city paid $19,000 for the study.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America