PEORIA, Ariz. — A lot of people in the West Valley are apparently proud to be Peorians.
In the recently released National Citizens Survey, Peoria residents said they love their city.
“Ninety-three percent of the residents say that Peoria is good or excellent for quality of life,” said Peoria Public Information Officer Bo Larsen. “That’s one of the highest in the country compared to comparable sized cities.”
Larsen said that 98 percent would recommend living in Peoria. They like the way the city has improved the water.
“Back in 2009, only about 45 percent of the residents said the tap water didn’t taste so good,” he said. “The water is very safe, we have some of the highest ranked water in the state, but perception is everything. This time around, we’re in the mid 60s, where people said that the taste of the water is good or excellent.”
Larsen said people also think the traffic signals are timed so that they get around town quicker, especially near the Loop 101 and Beardsley Road.
On the down side, the downtown area needs improvement. Many of respondents said that they’re afraid to go there at night.
Larsen blames the high number of abandoned buildings there. He said the city is trying to improve that by hosting music festivals and other events in the area.
The city paid $19,000 for the study.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon