It may have taken over four decades, but Randy Sanders is now a graduate of Arizona State University.
According to the East Valley Tribune, Sanders originally enrolled at ASU in 1971, but ran into a cluster of problems over the years.
First he had eye problems that wouldn’t allow him to focus on the teacher or chalkboard. He also had bad knees that made it hard to walk. And he even had a heart attack on top of A Mountain. “It was stress. I was face down up there for I don’t know how long.”
Sanders was also homeless for a short time.
After meeting a woman, Sanders turned his life around and, 42 years after he began, has an undergraduate degree.
Sanders studied Russian at ASU but also speaks Mandarin, Albanian and other languages. He plans to teach English overseas.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick