PHOENIX — An 18-year-old man was arrested Thursday after claiming to have planted explosives inside Jodi Arias’ courtroom, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
On Wednesday, Laquint H. Cherry is suspected of tweeting the following:
planted some IEDs in the #jodi arias Superior Court room in Phoenix Arizona tomorrow I’ll become a HERO and also shot by pigs once I unload
Cherry was located at the Value Place Motel at 1360 N. 43rd Ave. He initially refused to surrender peacefully and tweeted that he was not going to be taken alive and was planning to kill deputies.
Cherry later was arrested without incident.
A woman who was with Cherry was questioned. She told deputies she met Cherry on Facebook and was his former girlfriend. She was released.
Cherry was booked on a felony count related to an act of terrorism.
“The investigation into this threat is not over,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. “Additionally, I am concerned that more dangerous individuals or groups have designs of causing loss of life with either sophisticated explosives or homemade bombs. Because of this, every threat to harm is taken seriously,”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon