Take a bow, Mesa, but don’t let your camouflage hat drag on the ground.
According to movoto.com, Mesa ranked tenth of the website’s list of the most redneck cities in America.
The site used an array of criteria, including the percent of the population that didn’t graduate high school, the amount of gun stores and taxidermists and the proximity to a NASCAR track.
Mesa, AZ ranked No. 1 in its number of gun/ammo stores per capita, with its population of just about 446,000 and a whopping 132 gun/ammo stores. After all, Arizona was recently ranked the “best state for gun owners,” as you don’t even need a permit to openly carry a gun in public.
The top city overall was Atlanta, followed by Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Nashville and Tulsa, respectively.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments