TEMPE, Ariz. — Several hundred graduate students, along with their family and friends, proceeded into Wells Fargo arena Wednesday morning to get their diplomas.
Arizona State University President Michael Crowe told the graduates that there are several challenges in the world today, and asked them to think about what to do with their degrees.
“What ideas are you going to produce that are actually going to take the world and move it in the direction that you think it needs to go?
“With your mastery of a subject, and your development of new ideas, what are you going to do to give back to the society that brought you here? Very, very few people reach this point. Almost no one. So think it through. Congratulations.”
The undergraduate ceremony is Thursday night at Sun Devil Stadium.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development