An anti-gun group spearheaded by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has reportedly raised more than $11 million in just four months.
According to Politico, Americans for Responsible Solutions has received funds from more than 53,500 donors.
“Our early success at building a powerful network of committed activists – and the strength of that network – shows that the issue of reducing gun violence in America isn’t going away,” said ARS executive director and co-founder Pia Carusone.
Currently, the group has only run a few ads. A majority of the funds have likely gone to continued efforts to encourage the Senate to pass gun control measures.
The group has aired one ad in Arizona thanking Sen. John McCain for his pro-gun control vote.
Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, founded Americans for Responsible Solutions.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy