PHOENIX — After she was found guilty of first-degree murder, Jodi Arias told a local news anchor that she would prefer death over life in prison.
“She sees death as going to another place, not an end to something, but as a beginning,” Fox 10‘s Troy Hayden told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Wednesday.
Arias told Hayden that longevity runs in her family and she feels a lifetime behind bars could be very long for her.
During Hayden’s interview, which took place in a holding cell about 20 minutes after Arias was sentenced, she only cried once when speaking about her mother.
“She felt very bad about what happened, that she dragged her into mother this,” said Hayden, adding that Arias said she hopes the verdict brings comfort to the Alexander family.
Arias also said that she was very surprised she was convicted of first-degree murder, but Hayden wasn’t as shocked.
“They made it very clear what premeditation was and all that you have to do is have a thought that you’re going to kill somebody and, to me, with the slice on his neck she had to know she was going to end his life,” he said.
When asked how she would conduct herself in the trial should she do it all over again, she would skip the lies.
“She would have called police as soon as she looked at the blood on her hands and realized that she killed Travis.”
When it comes down to it, Hayden said he has no blood lust to see Arias executed and feels she is ill.
“I feel like [Arias] is sick,” said Hayden, adding that the entire tragic incident has massively changed so many lives, especially those of the families.
Arias was placed on suicide protocol after leaving the courthouse, per Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
No other media interviews will take place until she is released from suicide protocol.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona