TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) – A Tucson climber was found dead, hanging from a southern Arizona cliff in his climbing gear and covered with bee stings.
The Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office says 55-year-old Steven Johnson was found in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson late Monday.
Cause of death hasn’t been determined yet, but officials say Johnson was covered with stings when he was found.
Johnson was last seen Friday when he went hiking, and friends became worried when he didn’t go to work on Monday.
Search and rescue teams found both Johnson and his dog dead. The dog was on the top of the cliff.
Sheriff’s Lt. Raoul Rodriguez says Johnson may have disturbed bees by hammering a spike into the cliff.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon