PHOENIX — Phoenix Police say the rescues of three women who have been missing for 10 years in Cleveland are an incentive to keep working on the cases of missing people here in the Valley.
Many kidnappings don’t have a happy ending.
“Stastically, your life span drops to a couple of hours if you’re abducted,” Phoenix Police Detective William Anderson said.
But Anderson believes the Cleveland rescues are an example of why the Phoenix Police’s Missing and Unidentified Persons unit never quits looking for the missing here.
“There certainly is hope, and we don’t want anybody to ever give up hope,” said Anderson.
He said he’s constantly thinking about the cases that he’s involved in.
“Allisa Tierney. 17-year-old girl. She disappeared on the final day of her junior year,” said Anderson. “Myron Trailor. He disappeared in 1988. A 13-year-old boy from south Phoenix. He was not the kind of kid who would be lured into a van with free candy or to pet a puppy. That’s not something that would happen to him.”
Anderson says the Cleveland case should also serve as a reminder that if you’re ever a kidnapping victim, you should do whatever you can to get out of the situation.
Silent Witness missing kids cases in Phoenix:
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains