PHOENIX — Phoenix Police say the rescues of three women who have been missing for 10 years in Cleveland are an incentive to keep working on the cases of missing people here in the Valley.
Many kidnappings don’t have a happy ending.
“Stastically, your life span drops to a couple of hours if you’re abducted,” Phoenix Police Detective William Anderson said.
But Anderson believes the Cleveland rescues are an example of why the Phoenix Police’s Missing and Unidentified Persons unit never quits looking for the missing here.
“There certainly is hope, and we don’t want anybody to ever give up hope,” said Anderson.
He said he’s constantly thinking about the cases that he’s involved in.
“Allisa Tierney. 17-year-old girl. She disappeared on the final day of her junior year,” said Anderson. “Myron Trailor. He disappeared in 1988. A 13-year-old boy from south Phoenix. He was not the kind of kid who would be lured into a van with free candy or to pet a puppy. That’s not something that would happen to him.”
Anderson says the Cleveland case should also serve as a reminder that if you’re ever a kidnapping victim, you should do whatever you can to get out of the situation.
Silent Witness missing kids cases in Phoenix:
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas