PHOENIX — Phoenix Police say the rescues of three women who have been missing for 10 years in Cleveland are an incentive to keep working on the cases of missing people here in the Valley.
Many kidnappings don’t have a happy ending.
“Stastically, your life span drops to a couple of hours if you’re abducted,” Phoenix Police Detective William Anderson said.
But Anderson believes the Cleveland rescues are an example of why the Phoenix Police’s Missing and Unidentified Persons unit never quits looking for the missing here.
“There certainly is hope, and we don’t want anybody to ever give up hope,” said Anderson.
He said he’s constantly thinking about the cases that he’s involved in.
“Allisa Tierney. 17-year-old girl. She disappeared on the final day of her junior year,” said Anderson. “Myron Trailor. He disappeared in 1988. A 13-year-old boy from south Phoenix. He was not the kind of kid who would be lured into a van with free candy or to pet a puppy. That’s not something that would happen to him.”
Anderson says the Cleveland case should also serve as a reminder that if you’re ever a kidnapping victim, you should do whatever you can to get out of the situation.
Silent Witness missing kids cases in Phoenix:
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development