PHOENIX — A grand opening for a restaurant was a huge deal for Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
The newest Z’Tejas restaurant held a three-day soft opening and instead of receiving bills, patrons were encouraged to make a donation to the hospital.
Z’Tejas then matched the donations. Monday night, CEO Steven Micheletti presented Steve Schnall of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation with a check in the amount of $10,000.
The money will be used for the Paws that Heal program.
“We have 55 dog teams that visit kids at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and we need a lot of community support for it,” said Schnall. “We are really grateful that [Micheletti] loves that program.”
The new Z’Tejas restaurant is located on the southwest corner of 16th Street and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night