Good news for student set to graduate from Arizona State University in the coming weeks: You’re in one of the top cities for college graduates.
According to Kiplinger.com, Phoenix is a good place for recent graduates because it boasts a low cost of living and a lot of employment opportunities.
Kiplinger expects Arizona to enjoy a healthy job-growth rate of 2.1% in 2013, and many of those new jobs will gravitate to the Valley of the Sun. Financial service companies State Farm Insurance and military-focused USAA are building and expanding facilities in Phoenix, which could add thousands of new positions to the local economy. Other major employers in the area include Banner Health, defense contractor Raytheon and Arizona State University.
Kiplinger said the median salary for recent college graduates is $41,000 per year.
Overall, the top-ranked city was Salt Lake City, followed by Ann Arbor, Mich., Boulder, Colo., Houston and Anchorage, respectively.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development