PHOENIX — If you’re selling your home, be advised there’s a trend popping up that comes back every time inventory is low. It’s called pocket listing.
“We’re starting to see some of it,” said Bill Rimsza of Rimsza Realty.
Pocket listing is when a realtor doesn’t place the property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), but rather shows and sells only to people they know. While legal, pocket listing raises some ethical questions.
“Particularly, agents that do a lot of investors and they are selling directly to them instead of putting the property on the open market,” said Rimsza. “I think the reason it’s not ethical is your seller signed an agreement with you to put it on the market and get as many potential buyers as possible.”
Bottom line, when you don’t have a lot of buyers at the table, you might not get the best price for your property.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon