PHOENIX — If you’re selling your home, be advised there’s a trend popping up that comes back every time inventory is low. It’s called pocket listing.
“We’re starting to see some of it,” said Bill Rimsza of Rimsza Realty.
Pocket listing is when a realtor doesn’t place the property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), but rather shows and sells only to people they know. While legal, pocket listing raises some ethical questions.
“Particularly, agents that do a lot of investors and they are selling directly to them instead of putting the property on the open market,” said Rimsza. “I think the reason it’s not ethical is your seller signed an agreement with you to put it on the market and get as many potential buyers as possible.”
Bottom line, when you don’t have a lot of buyers at the table, you might not get the best price for your property.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas