PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
Seven bars and two stages make up this downtown Tempe celebration of Cinco de Mayo. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. and there is a $5 raising cover from 6 p.m. on. A VIP ticket is available for $20.
The comic, originally from the Valley, will be making audiences laugh at Stand Up Live! on Friday and Saturday night. Tickets are $42.50.
Dos Gringos in Scottsdale is the place to be on Cinco de Mayo. The doors open at 10 a.m. and live music, including Rome from Sublime, starts at 1 p.m. Tickets are between $10 and $20.
If you can’t make it to the real deal, watch the race with Turf Paradise on Saturday. The fun starts at 7:15 a.m. and the race is about 3:20 p.m. Make sure to bring your best hat.
Think your chihuahua is fast? Prove it at this free-to-attend event in downtown Chandler on Saturday. The races begin at 2 p.m. and there is a pageant after. Other entertainment will be offered, along with chihuahua adoptions. Race and pageant fees apply.
Looking to get some ink? Head to the Arizona Tattoo Expo at the Mesa Convention Center. Over 150 artists will be there and there will be numerous tattoo contests. Single-day tickets are $16 in advance.
The comedian from “Parks and Recreation” takes the stage at Comerica Theatre at 7 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $35.
The son of mambo king Tito Puente takes the stage at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Saturday. Listen for his father’s classic “Oye Como Va,” among other hits. Tickets are free.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns