PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
Seven bars and two stages make up this downtown Tempe celebration of Cinco de Mayo. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. and there is a $5 raising cover from 6 p.m. on. A VIP ticket is available for $20.
The comic, originally from the Valley, will be making audiences laugh at Stand Up Live! on Friday and Saturday night. Tickets are $42.50.
Dos Gringos in Scottsdale is the place to be on Cinco de Mayo. The doors open at 10 a.m. and live music, including Rome from Sublime, starts at 1 p.m. Tickets are between $10 and $20.
If you can’t make it to the real deal, watch the race with Turf Paradise on Saturday. The fun starts at 7:15 a.m. and the race is about 3:20 p.m. Make sure to bring your best hat.
Think your chihuahua is fast? Prove it at this free-to-attend event in downtown Chandler on Saturday. The races begin at 2 p.m. and there is a pageant after. Other entertainment will be offered, along with chihuahua adoptions. Race and pageant fees apply.
Looking to get some ink? Head to the Arizona Tattoo Expo at the Mesa Convention Center. Over 150 artists will be there and there will be numerous tattoo contests. Single-day tickets are $16 in advance.
The comedian from “Parks and Recreation” takes the stage at Comerica Theatre at 7 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $35.
The son of mambo king Tito Puente takes the stage at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Saturday. Listen for his father’s classic “Oye Como Va,” among other hits. Tickets are free.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon