PHOENIX — After the Valley reached triple-digit temperatures last weekend, wind gusts of 35 mph and single-digit humidity will ramp up fire danger.
Meteorologist Gary Woodall with the National Weather Service said the areas of concern are Anthem, New River, Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, east Mesa and Apache Junction. Canyons and passes throughout southern Gila County may also be susceptible to strong winds.
“If a fire starts the conditions are favorable for the fire to spread quickly. People need to be cautious about fire,” Woodall said. “This time of year is our prime fire season. The temperatures are climbing and there’s no moisture in the air.”
About half of the state is under red flag fire-danger warnings, including Flagstaff, Payson, Prescott, Tucson and Yuma.
California is already battling blazes.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them