When it comes to the Republican Party, Meghan McCain is not impressed.
“It doesn’t seem like its changing that much, to me; maybe not fast enough,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Wednesday.
McCain is often seen as a progressive Republican, one who strays from the party’s traditional ideals. She is a vocal supporter of gay marriage, something she said she has been called a “heretic” for supporting.
“I think we live in a time where it’s not a big deal to come out of the closet anymore, at least in my world,” she said.
McCain also said she supports her father, Sen. John McCain, in in his work with immigration with the Gang of Eight. While she feels that many Arizonans back her father, the nation does not.
“For every person that agrees with him — and I think a majority of people in this state agree with him — there’s a lot of people tweeting me that it’s amnesty and, you know, all the racist stuff people say on Twitter.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident