When it comes to the Republican Party, Meghan McCain is not impressed.
“It doesn’t seem like its changing that much, to me; maybe not fast enough,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Wednesday.
McCain is often seen as a progressive Republican, one who strays from the party’s traditional ideals. She is a vocal supporter of gay marriage, something she said she has been called a “heretic” for supporting.
“I think we live in a time where it’s not a big deal to come out of the closet anymore, at least in my world,” she said.
McCain also said she supports her father, Sen. John McCain, in in his work with immigration with the Gang of Eight. While she feels that many Arizonans back her father, the nation does not.
“For every person that agrees with him — and I think a majority of people in this state agree with him — there’s a lot of people tweeting me that it’s amnesty and, you know, all the racist stuff people say on Twitter.”
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona