When it comes to the Republican Party, Meghan McCain is not impressed.
“It doesn’t seem like its changing that much, to me; maybe not fast enough,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Wednesday.
McCain is often seen as a progressive Republican, one who strays from the party’s traditional ideals. She is a vocal supporter of gay marriage, something she said she has been called a “heretic” for supporting.
“I think we live in a time where it’s not a big deal to come out of the closet anymore, at least in my world,” she said.
McCain also said she supports her father, Sen. John McCain, in in his work with immigration with the Gang of Eight. While she feels that many Arizonans back her father, the nation does not.
“For every person that agrees with him — and I think a majority of people in this state agree with him — there’s a lot of people tweeting me that it’s amnesty and, you know, all the racist stuff people say on Twitter.”
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups